Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's your most embarassing moment?

My friend Emily did this on her blog so I thought it would be a fun family time to hear each other's most embarassing moments, since I am sure I don't know everyone's. I would love to hear Mom and Dad's--wouldn't you?! I'll start us off!

Me: I have many but one of them involves being at Olive Garden with Mom, Dad, and Russ in Utah. Dad decides that he is going to leave my number on the receipt for the waitor. I get embarassed and want to leave before the waitor comes back. Unfortunately, I take a wrong turn and turn right into the waitor. Not so bad right? Well fast forward one year. I am hanging out with my new roommate Christina and she says she is going to invite some friends over. I stick around and who do you think shows up--the waitor! I knew I knew him from somewhere but couldn't figure it out. We end up going on a date and while on the date we realize that I'm the girl who's Dad left her number on the receipt for him!! I was so embarassed the rest of the night. Obviously, there was no 2nd date.

Sean: Recently at school Sean walked into the building where he saw two of his buddies standing next to each other with their backs to him talking to a woman. Sean walks right in between the two of them and grabs one of the guys butts (not slaps--grabs!!) and says "oh excuse me." Sean turns around to laugh at his buddy and realizes that he has never seen this guy in his life!!!

So what's your most embarassing moment??? (besides the Wall experience Wendy!)

13 comments:

russandkatie said...

Sean I am laughing out loud (LOL) right now and can totally picture it in my mind, I just wish I could have been there to see it in person!

Jessica said...

so what's yours Katie?

russandkatie said...

I never embarass (is that really how it's spelled) myself ;)

Jessica said...

No one else has embarassing moments?!? Just Sean and I?!?

Spencer and Marlee said...

One of my most embarassing moments happened at Bank One Ballpark with Russ. I had not been feeling very good all day but when Russ told me he had tickets to D-Backs game, I had to go. After 3 innings of holding my head in lap and feelin miserable I started feeling the beginning of an upset stomach. I stood up and casually began walking up the stairs to the restroom. We were all the way at the bottom of the stairs and I needed to get to the bathroom. By about the 6th row of stairs I began running to the restroom. As I got to the top of the stairs and could see the restroom I feared the worst! It happened! It was like a broken faucet that could not be turned off. It wasn't until after about 30 seconds had passed and I raised my head to find that everyone was staring at me as I stood in my own puddle of vomit! I wasn't quite sure what to do so I just stepped over the puddle and headed straight to the bathroom to clean up. As I came out of the bathroom and went back towards my seat, I passed the "Spot" and an older gentleman was there cleaning it up. As I passed by I think he saw me glancing over and he said "Some people just can't hold their beer." I gave him a chuckle and got back to my seat as fast as I could.

Jessica said...

that a boy Spence!! That's always a good story!

Anonymous said...

These are so funny. I have many embarrassing moments. One that comes to mind just happened the other day. I was at work and someone was commenting on my shirt. It was at the end of the day. They asked if it was a new shirt. I said I'd had it for a while. Then she said," well, you might want to take off the tags!" I had three tags hanging off the back...including the size! I had been to the school that day talking to the teacher, I had been to the store. Not to mention how many people at work saw and didn't say anything!!! I was a little embarrassed!

Anonymous said...

The other classic vomit story some of you may remember was sitting in tithing settlement with Bishop Selin. It was Steve and I and mom and dad and some of the other kids. I could tell I was not feeling well. I finally asked Bishop Selin if he had a garbage can then proceeded to throw up! He signed us off quickly and ended that meeting pretty fast! I think Spencer may have even picked up the plastic bag and carried it out...(I can't remember who did that!)

Jessica said...

Hilarious Wendy!!

russandkatie said...

those are classic Wendy!

Steph and Keith said...

I remember the Bishop Selin meeting Wendy. That really was hilarious!

Steph and Keith said...

One Sunday I walked out to my car during Sunday school for something, and on my way back I could feel something around my ankles. I looked down to find my slip - AT MY ANKLES! I was very embarassed. I don't even know if anyone saw though.

Steph and Keith said...

The other one is when I reached back to hold Keith's hand when he and I were dating (or recently married?) but it was Spencer's hand that I clung too. I think Spencer was really wondering what was going on. Poor Spence!