Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tips for playing outside...

I went out back this morning with my son Carter to play (I was still in my pajamas and no shoes on). After about a half-hour we went to go inside and the door was locked!! My first attempt at climbing the fence did not go well as Carter was standing below me screaming. So I turned on the hose for him (he absolutely loves playing in water) and sprinted across the yard to try again. I jumped down on the other side landing on the rocks in my bare feet and only managed to get one scrape on my arm from the wall. I ran to the front and opened our garage. I made it out back to find Carter happily playing with the hose, not even noticing that I was gone. Moral of the Story: When you are going outside to play, Always make sure your door is unlocked before you shut it behind you!

8 comments:

russandkatie said...

that is funny!

Nana said...

you forgot to mention that you called your mother when this happened...

Jessica said...

you're right...i was on the phone with mom when i discovered i was locked out. she instantly offered to drive over and bring me a key---but I thought i would try jumping the fence first. Thanks mom!

Anonymous said...

Better you than me! I would never have survived the fall from the fence to the ground. Actually, with my wall climbing history, I'm not sure I would have even made it over at all!!!!!

Jessica said...

I wish we had that on camera...it would be huge on YouTube!

amy said...

I'm glad you managed to get out of the situation. I wouldn't want Carter to be locked in or out of the house as that can really traumatize a young kid. Right Russ?

Spencer and Marlee said...

That is a good story

Jessica said...

That's all that I was going through my mind Amy!!